Options

PC Repairs for charity

NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
This weekend I participated in the 39.3 mile Washington DC Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. This was my second year partcipating in this event. I started last year after losing my mom to breast cancer on Valentines Day.

In order to participate, walkers are required to raise a minimum of $1800. I was able to reach my goal 2 days before the event but I did so by relying on the same donors from the year before. I would like to keep participating in charity events such as this without having to depend on the same small group of people. Because of this, I have decided to utilize my tech skills and offer PC services for donations.

I will be offering the usual services including PC repair, diagnostics, cleanup, home network setup, parental contol setup, file recovery, etc. I plan to set minimum donation amounts for various services (plus cost of any parts). As an added benefit to my customers, having their PCs serviced by me will be a tax write-off. Payment will be made directly to the organizations and they will receive a tax receipt.

What I really need now is a catchy name. Any suggestions?
WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
Start Date: December 2013

Comments

• Options
    tecketecke Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sounds noble! For a name may I suggest something along the lines of "the summoned tech warrior from another planet sent to battle cancer?" icon_wink.gif

Good luck!
  • Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    PCharity ?
    Tech4Cure ?
  • Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Keep it simple & easy to remember IMO. You probably need a website too, so go for names that are available...

ITsForCancer.com .info .org & .us
    ITForCancer.com .info .org & .us

ITsForCharity.org .info & .us
    ITForCharity.us

ITsCharity.org .info & .us

I did a bulk domain search @ GoDaddy
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ITforBoobs? I didn't check on GoDaddy, but I'd be surprised if it were taken.
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    PRT (Pink Ribbon Tech)? Could have a slogan along the lines of "We fight the malware so others can fight for the cure"
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the great suggestions!

I've decided to go with CharityPCRepairs.org instead of something breast cancer specific because I would like to eventually grow this into something raising funds for multiple charities and causes. Once I reach that point, my customers will be able to choose a charity from the list to submit their payment to.

Website still needs some work. I just threw it together in about 45min last night.
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
  • Options
    wilbourn54wilbourn54 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That is great. Good luck in your fundraising.
  • Options
    slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've always wondered, when you say a 39 mile walk, did you walk all 39 miles? and do you do this in one day?