Options

Question about worms

icezellionicezellion Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Which of the following malware types propagates automatically, does not typically hide, requires user interaction, and displays marketing ads?

A) Logic bombs
B) Rootkits
C) Spyware
D) Worms

Ans: D

From the list worms would be most appropriate because of automatic propagation. But worms don't require user interaction and aren't adware, to me it looks like it was worded incorrectly and maybe should be 'does not typically hide, require user interaction, or display marketing ads' ?

Comments

• Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    i think youre correct. It just looks badly worded. But think about it, it cannot be the other choices either.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    Michael2Michael2 Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cisco Inferno is correct. The key is the phrase "propagates automatically." Worms are typically sent through instant messaging and are able to self-propagate to all the user's contacts. None of those other threats are able to self-propagate.

As for the phrase "user interaction" I think you're supposed to assume that the user has to do something to allow the worm onto the system, such as clicking a link in a message. This might sound like a Trojan, but a Trojan is just a way of hiding something like a virus or worm.