Options

Removing portaldosites virus

NapkinNapkin Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I accidentally downloaded Portaldosites and after that i tried to remove it, but it will not go away and when I open my browser it is still there. Can someone help?

Comments

• Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    Tried to remove it how? It is still there in what way?
  • Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Why not nuke and pave? You have a legit malware hit on your hands. Who knows what additional malware was downloaded that you don't even know about.
  • Options
    hoktaurihoktauri Member Posts: 148
    I find a mix of Avast, Spybot, HijackThis & MalwareBytes will kill just about any infection. Only had to do a nuke from orbit once in the last year after most Windows system files had been horribly corrupted in the infection process.

Edit: There's also a time aspect, nuke and reinstall may be better if you have good backups and won't lose much. I've spent 5-10 hours killing hordes of viruses instead of just blowing things away because the client didn't keep backups, I got paid for it but it would of been faster the other way.
  • Options
    NapkinNapkin Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    To the first question: About7Narwhal, I tried to delete it from Control Panel but there wasn't any file and I also searched through some files and folders, but still no luck.

It was suggested to me to download Malwarebytes, so I did and then ran a scan.
    I also searched in google and found some other forums in which people having the same problem redirected me here http://www.americanp.../portaldosites/
    I followed the steps shown ther for manual removal, and I deleted what was left in the add ons and extensions menu.
    After that I did another scan with an antivirus program (I now have Avast ) and it seems to be clean now.
    Others told me to do a system restore, but for now I think I don't need to.
    Thanks to all for helping!