Options

CCNA Routing and Switching New Exam Question

newgame99newgame99 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I am about to start studying for the CCNA exam. I understand that their will be a newer version of CCNA but I can still write the old one until September 30.

However, the newer one requires CCNET as a prereq. So I should probably write the older version as it has no prereq. and avoid writing 2 exams (CCNET, then CCNA). Is this correct?

Comments

• Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you think you can get it done before the deadline then I say sure go for it. It really depends on how much time you put into studying. Four months seems like enough time to pass the composite exam though
  • Options
    abedmakkiabedmakki Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sorry I really don't know if that right
    but when I look at cisco certifications site it say on :[h=2]CCNA Routing and Switching[/h]
    [h=2]Prerequisites[/h]No prerequisites

so are you sure about CCNET ?
  • Options
    abedmakki wrote: »
    sorry I really don't know if that right
    but when I look at cisco certifications site it say on :CCNA Routing and Switching

Prerequisites

No prerequisites

so are you sure about CCNET ?

According this CISCO page, "On March 26, 2013, Cisco announced updates to their associate-level certifications. CCENT is now the only prerequisite certification for the newly-created CCNA Routing and Switching certification (formerly CCNA) as well as the CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless, CCNA Security, and CCDA certifications"
  • Options
    Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CCNA doesn't have prerequisites for composite exam (200-120). You can just take it.

If you go the two route, you'll take both 100-101 and 201-101.
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For the old CCNA, you could either take 2 exams (ICND1 + ICND2) and you would receive CCENT for the ICND1 and CCNA for the ICND2. To take ICND2 (CCNA), you had to have passed ICND1 (CCENT). But, you could also simply take the Composite Exam, which combined both CCENT and CCNA material into 1 test, but you would only receive a CCNA (no CCENT). I don't know for sure, but they might have simply dropped the Composite Exam option. That said, there are still plenty of good reasons to go the 2 exam route:

Each of the 2 exams costs half of what the composite exam costs. So, should you let's say pass ICND1, but fail ICND2, you would only have to pay $125-150 to retake ICND2 instead of $250 to retake the full composite exam. Plus, you would receive CCENT this way, but nothing if you fail the composite exam. Taking two tests means you will have to study less material for each test, but will probably be tested more on that material. The main advantage of the 1 exam option is that you are likely to receive less questions on any 1 topic. So, let's say you are stuggling to memorize all the material for Wireless Networks, then you are likely to get less Wireless questions going the 1 exam route, but should you fail it might cost more to retake.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    I read the thread "How to study for the CCENT/CCNA. [Tutorial]", and he suggested the Todd Lammle. CCBA Study Guide, which I have heard is very good.

I was wondering if it worth buying the CCNA KIT, which includes CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide, 7th Edition, CCNA Virtual Lab, Titanium Edition 3.0 and CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Review Guide.

I was thinking the Virtual Lab is worth the extra $$$. What do you think.