Is it worthwhile doing A+ at all????????

DoireDoire Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have both A and N+. Its helped me out a lot. Some posters on another site beleive its a waste of time. icon_rolleyes.gif

What do you all think?

Comments

• jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    I think it is very worth all the time and efvfort to do A+. This is a good starting pointr to break into IT and learn all the inners of Hardware and Software of the computer.
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    I would say that would be up to your situation. For me, A+ is something I don't need to go after. But for others, that might be right up their alley. I believe you have to hold the A+ just work for Best Buy or Circuit City in the tech areas.

I'd never say the A+ is a not a cert worth to have. Again, I all boils down to what you want to do with your life or you current job situation.
    Yes, Shadow is correct. It all depends on what you want to go after. But in general it willbe good to start with A+ do know the inners of the computer.
  • bananamanbananaman Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes that is right. When I first started at Best Buy, A+ was a must. Then they just started hiring people without it, and eventually fired all of them. In my honest opinion though, A+ isn't worth anything. The passing score is so low that a 5th grader could pass it, hell, I got mine when I was 13.
  • teenu0427teenu0427 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i think its worth it because lot of IT field will ask you that first thing if you have A+ or not.;

egal
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Although I rarely use the skills learned from A+, my current job required I have the certification before the offical hire date. It's entry level, and a lot of those who say it's worthless aren't entry level. There was someone who posted here only once, just so they could bash A+, yet they failed the exams.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
    Yes Ricka - I remember him. He had yeard of hands on experience but could not pass the A+ test. I will wager my paycheck that a 5th grader could not pass the A+ test.
  • johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    A+ can get you in doors when higher level certs cant due to lack of experience.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    shadown7 wrote:
    I would say that would be up to your situation. For me, A+ is something I don't need to go after. But for others, that might be right up their alley. I believe you have to hold the A+ just work for Best Buy or Circuit City in the tech areas.

I'd never say the A+ is a not a cert worth to have. Again, I all boils down to what you want to do with your life or you current job situation.

Well said.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • s0c0s0c0 Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's worth it or else I wouldn't be wasting my time and eventually money studying for it. Can't tell you how many jobs I've seen posted that want an A+ or want you to be certified within a set amount of time.