Options

What certifications would you pursue purely for utility purposes?

MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
Simple question for the masses:

With no financial limitation, what certification/s would you pursue for your own interest or personal gain?

For me, I think I would pursue VMWare certifications. I would love to know more about virtualization technology in order to build a better pen-testing lab.

Comments

• Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Everything SANS + hands-on security such as OSCP, eCPPT, SecurityTube
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hmmm - for me the big constraint is available time. When you say utility and interest - I presume you mean certifications which are done purely for hobby.

So far - for me - I've done the ISC2, ISACA, a few SANS, and currently IAPP. But I'll probably not do any more SANS, I found the 2 SANS courses that I took a bit uninspiring.

So assuming that I had more time, I always wanted to do:

Cisco certs
    Microsoft developer certs
    Offensive Security certs
    Redhat certs

But lately since I've discovered Coursera.org, I find that I prefer to take those courses - I find the content on Coursera more appealing. And I'm thinking if I had more time, I would probably get a subscription to safaribooks and just do more tech reading.

I have pretty varied interest so staying on one track gets boring for me.