Options

MS Virtual Academy for 70-417

Commguy23Commguy23 Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
I finally finished my MCSA 2008 and I'm looking to upgrade to 2012 while I still have the 2008 R2 material fresh in my mind. I started working on the MCSA back in August, and luckily I have time at work that I can dedicate towards studying and labbing. For the 70-640, 642, and 646 I used Testout Labsim, Certguide books, 2008 R2 unleashed, MS-Press books, technet, Transcender, Boson, and CBT Nuggets. I'm debating what material to purchase to prep for the 2012 upgrade exam and hoping for some input. Testout does not offer the 2012 exam prep yet. I'm thinking CBT nuggets again. Transcender and Boson both do not have practice tests for the 70-417 yet, hopefully they come out soon!

I saw the 70-417 Exam Ref book on Amazon has really good reviews, I'll definitly pick that up but it's under 400 pages, I'm not sure how much I can learn from 400 pages. Anyone have input on this book?

Also, I recently learned about the Microsoft Virtual Academy. I will start going through the 2012 lessons on the academy this week. I'm hoping the training videos will be a good replacement to CBT nuggets, since the academy is Free! I'd like to know if anyone thinks it's worth it to purchase CBT nuggets and TrainSignal video subscriptions, or just stick with the new (to me) and free Microsoft Virtual Academy? Thanks in advance for the input!