ICND1 Pass

silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
Hi folks!

I finally got to take my ICND1 exam today (after an attempt 2 weeks ago ending with me learning that the test center no longer existed). I passed with a 925/1000! I felt pretty prepared for the exam and it seemed easier than I had originally anticipated.

For study materials I used the Odom's ICND1 book, CBTnuggets and Trainsignal (only briefly on a trial). I used a variety of practice questions including subnettingquestions and the practice test that comes with the Odom book.

I'm planning on taking ICND2 sometime at the end of July / early August (before the new tests become effective), I plan on using the same materials (CBT / Odom book).

Feels good to be Cisco certified! icon_cool.gif
Certs: CCENT, CCNA:R&S
Working on: MCITP:SA
Goals: CCENT (ICND1) [Done], CCNA (ICND2) [Done], MCITP:SA

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!!

The ICND2 is a pain in the butt but the information is fun.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats and good luck with ICND2 icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
    Thanks all!
  • 101010101010 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the passicon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    [x] GCIH

"Well if you're going to have delusions of grandeur, may as well go for the really satisfying ones." - Marcus, Babylon 5
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

Good luck with CCNA
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    congrats on the pass mate icon_cheers.gif
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
  • bryantech3082bryantech3082 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I just finished my Security+ Certification, and am now studying ICND1. I'm really looking forward to getting some Cisco Certification... Keep it up!
    @bryan - Thanks and congrats yourself! I'm thinking of taking Sec+ after I finish up with my CCNA, how was it (in terms of difficulty)?

@everybody else - Thanks guys!
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's a good score.. Congrats!!
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Nice going. Congratulations!
    Great score, too!
  • Params7Params7 Member Posts: 254
    I passed it a couple of weeks ago as well. Congrats man :)
  • DustyRackDustyRack Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrates on the pass. Good luck with the CCNA - You've half way there icon_thumright.gif Awesome score BTW.
  • wheeliekingwheelieking Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    did you take the new icnd1 100-101? if so, are there any IPv6 questions? i studied cbt nuggets and and the official cisco guide book. im taking the test on tuesday. im prepaired. i know IPv4 subnetting like the back of my hand im just not too confident with v6 any advise would help.

are you able to skip questions and go back to them later?

thanks
    did you take the new icnd1 100-101? if so, are there any IPv6 questions? i studied cbt nuggets and and the official cisco guide book. im taking the test on tuesday. im prepaired. i know IPv4 subnetting like the back of my hand im just not too confident with v6 any advise would help.

are you able to skip questions and go back to them later?

thanks

I took the old one sorry icon_sad.gif

@Everybody - Thanks again all :)
  • asrivastava0202asrivastava0202 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrates man....