Taking ICND 1 Tomorrow Morning

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
Ok So far I have taken the CCNA exam and had a Score of 5
I decided to take the CCENT or ICND1 and sat for the test 2 monthes ago and got a 675.

I plan to pass the test tomorrow morning
Study Materials
Wendell Odem's 3rd Edition Cert Libary
Todd Lammile's CCENT book.
You Tube
INE.

Anybody have any last minute tips ?
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Luck!! Let us know how it goes!
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
    Good luck man! As far as last minute tips, I just reviewed the glossary to my Odom book before going in - just to make sure all the vocab was fresh in my mind. Also found a couple terms I wasn't exactly clear on, and this cleared them up for me.

Beyond that, the one that I've seen a lot (and found to be helpful personally) is do the tutorial. Even if you know how the test works, I found it helped calm my nerves, it gave me an opportunity to get familiar with the testing room and become a bit more comfortable before I actually started working.
    Certs: CCENT, CCNA:R&S
    Working on: MCITP:SA
    Goals: CCENT (ICND1) [Done], CCNA (ICND2) [Done], MCITP:SA
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    good luck, have a good nights sleep, then have a good breakfast, get to the test centre in plenty of time and nail the test, let us know how it goes icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took my CCENT or ICND1 Exam this morning. I just got done. Sad to say I did not pass. The only bright note is my score was a-lot higher this time. I needed a 804 to pass. The first time I took the CCENT I had a score of 675. This time I had a score of 750. So next time I will pass.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that man. Don't give up!
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good try, you will get it next time!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • RReapRReap Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Keep at it man. One more improvement like that, you'll get it.
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I suggest trying to go back soon. Maybe give yourself another month of prep and jump back into it. Use your score sheet to evaluate where your weak spots are and study up on those areas. You will get it! Good luck on your next attempt!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
    Almost there - keep it up man!
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I suggest trying to go back soon. Maybe give yourself another month of prep and jump back into it. Use your score sheet to evaluate where your weak spots are and study up on those areas. You will get it! Good luck on your next attempt!

Danielh22185, I plan to take my test agin soon but the big issue is eveyone in the cisco universe seems to be trying to get the old ICND1 test done before september. Next open test date is 3 monthes from now. I tried other test centers and they are all booked solid for the next 3-4 monthes. I'm booking my new test once I get paid this week.

Anybody else seeing this same issue with the testing centers?

Fats Domino
  • NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    Weird...my testing center has appointments available every 15 minutes, every Mon-Sat for as long as I can see.
    Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security
    mgmguy1 wrote: »
    Danielh22185, I plan to take my test agin soon but the big issue is eveyone in the cisco universe seems to be trying to get the old ICND1 test done before september. Next open test date is 3 monthes from now. I tried other test centers and they are all booked solid for the next 3-4 monthes. I'm booking my new test once I get paid this week.

Anybody else seeing this same issue with the testing centers?

mgm - if you don't mind driving a little bit (and assuming you're still in Norristown) take a look at the Internetwork Learning Institute in Mt. Laurel - I was just there for my ICND1, really easy to find, and they have a lot of openings M-S.