Options

What does it mean when 750GB of random movies suddenly appear on your computer?

2»

Comments

• Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    DDWingate wrote: »
    the ironing!!!

Hate that too - especially shirts :p
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    DDWingateDDWingate Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just curious, do you or does anyone else use torrents on that computer? Even for legally copyrighted material, there is still the potential for spillage where users files will download to your computer, even if they aren't sharing them and you aren't downloading them specifically.

Thankfully, no.. Ill only use torrents on PortableApps (ps: if anyone hasn't heard of portableapps, get it now) and I'll download things from netcafes or school computers ;) I don't trust torrent programs, and I can't imagine how much data I've wasted in the past leaving those things on

MAC_Addy wrote: »
    Were they good movies?

Well put it this way: Silent Hill Revelations 3D was on there
    www.historyofpleasantview.blogspot.com
    Doug's Declassified History of Pleasantview - The Second Greatest Story Ever Told!
    Subscribe Today!
  • Options
    DevNRGDevNRG Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The files on XP were under...

XP? Format and move on.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think tossing a HD because it has had malware on it is a little extreme. A standard format should do the trick. honestly there are not many malware out there that will survive the partition tables being deleted and then a format.

Like many here if I get a malware infection that I am not 100% confident I understand and have deleted, then its time to format and rebuild. just to much risk and to much time to clean it manually and be sure its gone.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    Some malware can infect MBR. Simple format and reinstall will help, but the machine will get infected again.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well put it this way: Silent Hill Revelations 3D was on there
    Meh, I'm not even sure if that's a good movie or not. I don't usually watch movies.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S