Options

lab gear

ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223
I am using a couple of 2811s, ASA 5510, and a couple 3560s for my lab gear. I have more in the rack but I am sure this should be enough for this exam. Can anyone tell me what code I should have on the ISRs and the ASA for this exam? Thanks

I am thinking 15 code on the ISRs and 8.6 maybe on the ASA?

Comments

• Options
    jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've used 8.4.2 for the ASA, 6.4.5 for ASDM, and 12.x T version for the IOS. I had all this running under GNS3. I try to stick with versions CCNA Security wants.
  • Options
    jude56gjude56g Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey jdancer, any chance you have some pointers on getting the ASA to work under GNS3? I have not had much luck at all. BTW, I'm running Ubuntu.
  • Options
    jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Your best bet is to pay for access to CBT Nuggets GNS3 video by Keith Barker. That video got my ASA device working under GNS3.

I have GNS3 working under Windows 8 & 7, and Linux (CentOS and Archlinux). I used 0.8.4-RC2 version of GNS3 (the latest).
  • Options
    geccogecco Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    12.4 is what most of the training classes use...there is nothing in 15.x code thats necessary for the exam, and frankly because its 2012 material when 15.x was brand spanking new, I would stay away from it.
    Also, nothing unusual in ASA - 8.2 is more than enough...even with the NAT change in 8.3 (which isnt relevant to the testing purposes of CCNA Security), its fine.
    I wouldnt spend much of any time on ASDM as its not covered if just prepping for exam. Good to know for real life for sure - especially for building tunnels..and great for SSL VPN.
    3560 is way overkill for a lab switch, however, you have it, enjoy!