Options

Issue With IPS on CCP

sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
Good morning, I have been trying to lab IPS within CCP, but I am catching an error when I try and view the signatures. The error I get states:

"You must first enable IPS before configuring signatures. To enable IPS, go to IPS Policies and enable IPS on any interface."

I have done the above multiple times to no avail. I have enabled IPS on all interfaces. I have searched online, but I am not getting any resources in regards to this error.

Nevertheless, the exam requirements state to know how to set up IPS with CCP. I can pretty much get the just of it by reading the Cisco book. I hate not being able to test it out though.

Any tips would be appreciated.

*notes - I am using GNS3

Thanks in adv.

Shane T.
Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security

Comments

• Options
    DANMOH009DANMOH009 Member Posts: 241
    Not sure if im 100% correct here, but i was looking at downloading the CCP just now, so i could start testing but was put off by the fact a lot of versions say that it has limited security features.

Im wondering if what your describing is one of those limitations. Again im not 100% on it, but i just thought i'd add this for a channel of investigation.
  • Options
    sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    DANMOH009 wrote: »
    Not sure if im 100% correct here, but i was looking at downloading the CCP just now, so i could start testing but was put off by the fact a lot of versions say that it has limited security features.

Im wondering if what your describing is one of those limitations. Again im not 100% on it, but i just thought i'd add this for a channel of investigation.

You could be right. Also could be just a GNS3 quirk. I have all my interfaces enabled, but it still tells me to go turn them on. IPS from the CLI seems to be working correctly.
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security