Options

Not sure how to save router configs in GNS3?

JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
Greetings. I'm got some downtime and I'm labbing around with some Cisco IOS and GNS3.

I've noticed that even though I think I'm saving my topology, its not saving the IOS configs that are tied to a router.

I searched around and found an old thread from good old TechExams from 2008:http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccnp/38539-gns3-saving-lab-configuration.html

Also found a hit from youtube from '08 as well and looks like they are using an older version of GNS3 (I'm using 0.8.3.1).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfv-UIxTbew

So, my question is how to save the startup config and have it load as the running config. It looks like there are two things under File, either save topology or save project. I'm not sure which one to do?

Also I've noticed that if you right-click on a router and select Startup-Config, looks like there might be an option to select a .cfg file, however I'm not sure either. thanks
***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
-unknown

Comments

• Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Save the config @ the CLI like you would on a real router, then save the topology in GNS3.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    That worked, thanks.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • Options
    I don't know if my .net files are corrupt or there is an issue with GNS3.

Even after I use the following commands for a switch/router
    copy run start 

wr

And then I either "Save or "Save Topology As."

My configs are not getting saved. At one time they were and no it isn't working.

-unknown