Options

Got a DreamSpark Premium account, now what?

hoktaurihoktauri Member Posts: 148
I recently got a free DreamSpark Premium account and it has a ton of Microsoft products in it, what would I get the most out of learning? Don't really have any specific area to stick with, I just want to actually get something out of it. Possibly having it in a VM I could use as part of a portfolio would be nice as well but not the primary driver.

Totally unrelated question: How can I learn SharePoint without working somewhere that uses it?

Comments

• Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Create a sharepoint server and play with it.

Download the server OSes and create a virtual domain to play in. Download different desktop OSes and add them to your domain. Create a SharePoint server, Forefront server and whatever else tickles your fancy.
  • Options
    datgirldatgirl Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    eansdad wrote: »
    Create a sharepoint server and play with it.

Download the server OSes and create a virtual domain to play in. Download different desktop OSes and add them to your domain. Create a SharePoint server, Forefront server and whatever else tickles your fancy.
    I agree, downloading some of the server OSs, and setting up a test environment with some UNIX servers and Microsoft and NIX clients on VMs could be fun and informative.