Options

Passed ICND1 This morning!

GorbyGorby Member Posts: 141
Might have over studied by reading Lammle's and Wendell's books but I passed with a score of 980/1000. Now it's time to pass the ICND2 before September.

Question I have is would a CCENT be enough to help me find a entry level NOC position and out of my dead end Desktop Job??

Comments

• Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I guess it all depends on your skills and where you live and all but I would say yes. You could maybe get some entry level NOC or maybe Network Tech or even Telecommunications related work. Keep checking indeed.com and see whats out there, maybe contact more staffing agencies and see what they can place you in also, worth a try.
  • Options
    shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    Congrats on the pass... great score icon_thumright.gif
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
  • Options
    Thanks, do you think it's possible to get the ICND2 done before September with Just CBT and the Cisco Press book?
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!
    Excellent score.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    ncisivencisive Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man!

I would say it's up to you.

From what I have seen some people can study for the ICND2 in 2 weeks and some 6 months... Depends how much study time a day you put in and how easily you pick up the information.
  • Options
    PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!

As to the job, you won't know unless you get out there and look. Get your resume up on dice.com and monster.com, at least, and look at what's available, and apply for anything interesting. Use interviews for positions you don't get to hone your interviewing technique.

Also, don't be afraid to apply for jobs you think are a long shot. Don't misrepresent yourself, but it is not at all uncommon for a company to put requirements in the posting that are beyond what they actually require.
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats, good luck with ICND2 icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    d4nz1gd4nz1g Member Posts: 464
    If you got that score on ICND1, ICND2 will be a piece of cake :)
    But, anyway work hard on that! It's worth it!
    Congratz
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats, great score!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    d4nz1g wrote: »
    If you got that score on ICND1, ICND2 will be a piece of cake :)
    But, anyway work hard on that! It's worth it!
    Congratz

Actually, IMO, the ICND2 is reasonably harder than ICND1.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Actually, IMO, the ICND2 is reasonably harder than ICND1.

That is absolutely true!
  • Options
    Thanks Guys, I'm sure the ICND2 is probably going to kick my ass..lol. I know it's a matter of preference, but which book do you guys think would be more helpful, Lammle's or Wendell's?

I had an interview today and did really well on the technical networking question (How data goes through the network, initial configuration etc), but since I didn't do cisco troubleshooting on the job at my previous job the manager didn't want to hire me. I felt like it was a waste of time driving over there, but I'm going to keep looking.
  • Options
    Kev_vauxKev_vaux Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great score - enjoy the pass!!!
  • Options
    silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
    Congrats man! Good luck on the ICND2!
    Certs: CCENT, CCNA:R&S
    Working on: MCITP:SA
    Goals: CCENT (ICND1) [Done], CCNA (ICND2) [Done], MCITP:SA
  • Options
    d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's a very good score.