Options

GCWN help needed

Jackey666666Jackey666666 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,
I just started taking classes for GCWN. Can someone please me with preparation methods?

I really appreciate if someone can share their index and flash card.

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Making the index of the SANS courseware books is one of the ways to study for the corresponding GIAC exam itself. You will be surprised how little you need the index in the exam once you have made it for yourself. And to pass the GIAC exam you will need an understanding of the material that goes far beyond training with simple flashcards.
  • Options
    Hi, Thank you so much. I will follow as you said.
  • Options
    Psyco32Psyco32 Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's a lot of information. If you search the forums here you will find ways to make an Index. JD is right though, in reading and going over the material to make your index you will end up learning a lot of the information. Are you taking the "New" version of the course (Win8, 2012, Powershell)??? I took the old course where Powershell was not a requirement but informational.
    2014 GOALS
    > GMOB [MAR_2014] OSCP [MAY_2014] GREM [OCT_2014]
  • Options
    Hi, Thanks for the info. I am taking new version of the course and I finished it today. Even in this course, PS is just informational course but not required for exam though. And other thing is Course is based on Windows 2012 and Windows 7 as new version of windows 8.1 is coming soon.
  • Options
    ITforyearsITforyears Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am finally done with GCWN and I can still add that Powershell was not a requirement in mid 2014.