Options

What protocols is used to establish a connection with a web browser?

FYouFYou Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
say i open browser and type www.yahoo.com. I have to assume that the cache arp table is clear, an IP has already been assigned to your machine.

need two protocol from application layer
one protocol from transport layer
need two protocol from network layer

THanks!

Comments

• Options
    SecurityThroughObscuritySecurityThroughObscurity Member Posts: 212 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DNS, HTTP
    TCP
    IPv4, ARP
  • Options
    so if i say dhcp for application and for network ip and icmp it will be incorrect for this type of question?? Thanks Security!!
  • Options
  • Options
    so can i say dhcp, http for the application? i know http is clearly use.
  • Options
    You don't need DHCP because an IP has already been assigned.
  • Options
    and what about telnet, or ssh? OIC. Yea the question is tricky lol.
  • Options
    for opening a web-site?
  • Options
    for establishing a connection?
  • Options
    I mean You don't need those protocols (telnet, ssh) for establishing a conn.
  • Options
    I see. So the answers for application is DNS, and HTTP nothing else.
    And for Network layer is only ARP and IP and can't be anything else.
  • Options
    carlolewiscarlolewis Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes FYou thats correct.

At the application Layer(s) You use DNS to resolve the IP address of Yahoo!. HTTP will later be used to view the webpage within your browser but in the question I'm not sure this counts as "Establishing a connection". There are other application layer protocols which could also be used such as HTTPS and SSL, but these will not cover the scenario you mentioned either.

At the Transport layer TCP will be used on port 80.

At the network layer, IP will be used, along with ARP. In this instance ARP will broadcast for the configured Default Gateway as the packet is leaving the local network.