Options

GNS3 not able to assign ip addresses to computers

JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
I'm still struggling with subnetting and setting correct ipv4 addresses to devices in a network topology.

From the router to the switch I can ping and ssh into each device with no issues.

Here are the links from the sw
sw01#show ip int br
Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status                Protocol
FastEthernet0/0            unassigned      YES manual up                    up
FastEthernet0/1            unassigned      YES unset  up                    up
FastEthernet1/0            unassigned      YES unset  up                    down
FastEthernet1/1            unassigned      YES unset  up                    down
FastEthernet1/2            unassigned      YES unset  up                    down
FastEthernet1/3            unassigned      YES unset  up                    down
FastEthernet1/4            unassigned      YES unset  up                    down
FastEthernet1/5            unassigned      YES unset  up                    down
FastEthernet1/6            unassigned      YES unset  up                    down
FastEthernet1/7            unassigned      YES unset  up                    down
FastEthernet1/8            unassigned      YES unset  up                    down
FastEthernet1/9            unassigned      YES unset  up                    down
FastEthernet1/10           unassigned      YES unset  up                    down
FastEthernet1/11           unassigned      YES unset  up                    down
FastEthernet1/12           unassigned      YES unset  up                    down
FastEthernet1/13           unassigned      YES unset  up                    down
FastEthernet1/14           unassigned      YES unset  up                    down
FastEthernet1/15           unassigned      YES unset  up                    down
Serial2/0                  10.0.0.13       YES SLARP  up                    up
Serial2/1                  unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down
Serial2/2                  unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down
Serial2/3                  unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down
Vlan1                      unassigned      YES unset  up                    down

Here is the router
r01#show ip int br
Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status                Protocol
FastEthernet0/0            unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down
FastEthernet0/1            unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down
Serial1/0                  10.0.0.12       YES manual up                    up
Serial1/1                  unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down
Serial1/2                  unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down
Serial1/3                  unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down

For the virtual pc, whenever I try to set an ip address, gateway and subnet, I keep getting the following error
invalid address 

An example of an ip address that I'm trying to assign a pc is
VPCS 1>ip address 10.0.0.15 8 10.0.0.100 
Invalid Address

Of course, since I don't have a solid understanding of subnetting, I don't understand what it is I'm doing that is causing the issue.
***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
-unknown

Comments