Options

iOS to windows phone

knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
Hey all,

ive recently been looking at getting the Nokia 925 windows phone and jumping off the iOS ship, seeing as I use my ipad a lot more I don't really see a need for my iPhone. I don't really use many apps besides the usual Facebook, Facebook messenger and sky news.

So in reality I won't really be losing much. I'm posting here to see if anyone else has done the same, or at least is thinking about it like me. Or even people who are on it and can give me some advice etc.

any information will help.
70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

Comments

• Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I went from IOS to Android to Windows Phone, however the Windows Phone that I had I didn't like too much. Ultimately bought a Nexus 4.
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I also plan on getting a Lumia 925. I have Tmobile so I was waiting for a "high-end" Windows Phone to come out before I got one.
    And the 925 seems to be the one.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I went from iOS to Android and now back to iOS. Like you with my iPad the phone really didn't matter as much anymore but the only Android phone I "liked" was the HTC One but with the security issues and who knows if HTC will even be around next year I just said to heck with it and went with an iPhone. I was curious about Windows phone but never really heard much about it.

Keep us updated on how you like it down the road, it seems I notice issues later rather than sooner with mobile devices.
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I made the switch from the 4s to the Lumia 900. I now have a 920 and like it a lot more. The one down fall is the integration with the ipad that you get with the iphone but if that is not a big deal then I think you will like the features of the Lumia line.
  • Options
    boobobobobobboobobobobob Member Posts: 118
    I currently have a windows phone, and i love it. I'll probably be sticking with windows phone for awhile. But, beware there aren't very many apps - the basics are covered like banking word/excel/dropbox/skydrive ect ect. But, the non work related apps are seriously lacking, this wasn't a problem for me since i really only use the phone for work.

Also, i really like the OS in general the black background with white text works very well for me personally.