Options

MCSA 70-640 tomorrow

joozijoozi Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all,
I've got my 70-640 exam tomorrow. I'm not too good at taking exams, I get all nervous and forget everything. I feel like I should be able to pass but after reading some of the Faild posts on here i'm beginning to doubt myself.

The prep i've done has been Reading the MS Self-paced training, watching CBT Nugget videos, Train-Signal videos, and some practice exams I got from the internet. On the practice exams I get around the 800-900 mark.

There are some things that confuse me- Trusts, some tools.

Any advice for leading up to the exam? do I get my results straight away? will it tell me where I went wrong?

Comments

• Options
    kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    Hope you didn't read mine mate.

Good Luck, It's not an exam to get nervous about. Stay focused. Tonight just chill, and same on your way to the exam. Run a couple of things over your mind here and there if you feel like it, but don't dive into it too much. The testing centre is usually really calm, Have a chat with the receptionist about the weather or something, it will calm you down and you will be ready to attack.

As stated on the prometric site, you do get note paper once you are in there, so when I was practicing here at home, for things like trusts when talking about Trusting and trusted, I just drew a couple of triangles, wrote down which was the resource and the accounts and then worked out which direction. etc. Surprisingly, I didn't get a question about trusts this time.

Again, Good luck.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • Options
    SaundieSaundie Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You'll receive the results after you complete the exam, and with it you'll get a printout of your score and your relative strength in each area. You're not told which specific questions you got right, but the printout gives you some indication as to how well you did on each objective. It's quite useful for figuring out which areas you need to develop your knowledge in the event that you fail.

As for my advice leading up to the exam; try to relax if you can! If you've not taken a Microsoft exam before, be aware that your answers are submitted in real time, which can cause the exam application to appear to hang. In every Microsoft exam I've sat I've had a 20-30 second pause after submitting the exam. The first time it happens can be quite panic inducing, as it really does seem as though the thing has locked up. It's little things like this that I find make the process stressful, so knowing about them in advance can be quite helpful.

Good luck! :)
  • Options
    Peterm44Peterm44 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It sounds like you are well prepared, all the best! I failed on my first attempt but just passed it the other day and felt confident after more hands on study. Toward the end of the exam it can be nervous waiting for the result but worst case you will receive a print out showing what needs work. GPO's, DNS and CS were the ones tested a bit that I noticed.