Options

youngest ccna?

NarcissaNarcissa Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone, im new around here :)

im curious to know.. whos the youngest person with a ccna certificate you've seen? reason im curious.. is because im 16.. (17 in sept).. and a group of people i know have spent 2 years in the ccna net acad.. took the ccna.. and well, we all failed (including me with a 695 :/ ) .. highest scorer just missed 800.

for those of you that work, does your work experience/background help you out? seeing as i had absoultely none.. might have put me at a disadvantage. ( tho i have a cisco soho router to play with )

thanks

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    That would be my younger brother, he was 16 or 17 also... :D

hands-on makes a big difference, but doesn't need to be in a corporate environment. You can build your own lab (2 routers, one switch) or get the required 'experience' from a router simulator.

perhaps you want to take a look at the new option Cisco offers for the CCNA exam... taking two exams instead of one. It's for the 'less experienced' students....
  • Options
    so us young'ins arent alone after all.. very cool.

my father raised many of eyebrows when it got around that his daughter was out to tackle the ccna.. actually good came out of it.. his boss helped me with subnetting \o/
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Cool... icon_cool.gif Does your father work in the IT industry?
  • Options
    oh yes, he's quite the database monger :p
  • Options
    prolificprolific Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hmm.. I got my CCNA a couple weeks back and I'm 17... Although im sure there are tonnes of people younger than me who have their CCNA. :D
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • Options
    valosolasvalosolas Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi all,

please go to the cisco site in Bulgaria, the youngest CCNA is only 12 Years old, wow!

cya
  • Options
    o.O shessssssh !
  • Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    17 huh? I wasnt thinking CCNA when I was 17...

All I was thinking was video games, and getting outta moms house..

pandimus
    Xinxing is the hairy one.