Narbik wants to interview you!

unclericounclerico Member Posts: 237 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm not sure how many on this board are friends with Narbik on Facebook, but he made an incredible pledge the other day. He says that he is so committed to stamping out the cheaters that he is willing to do technical interviews for any company for free. I brought this up to my HR people and they are going to take him up on his offer.
Preparing for CCIE Written

Comments

• SwitchingGearsSwitchingGears Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What do you mean "cheaters"? I'm kind of new to the board. Thanks in advance :)
    Halfway thru Cisco Networking Academy towards CCNA; Halfway towards EnCe or CCE. Self-studying A+,Security+
  • olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I dont have a facebook.
    Whats this all about?
    Cheaters as in cheating on certifications?
    or relationships? icon_surprised.gif
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Yeah, I'm not sure how to interpret that as well. He is going to go to different companies and interview their employees who have CCIEs in order to determine if they deserve it, free of charge?
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I assume it was for job candidates, but it may be for existing employees too. I'm sure he'd be willing to do both. It won't be long before some people start accusing him of conflicts of interest though. ;)
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It's for job candidates. "this is not a test for individuals, this is a free service to the firms that are about to hire people."
  • TheProfTheProf Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 331 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am assuming if you pass your CCIE lab, I would think you know your stuff, no?
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @ theProf, I'd assume you knew your stuff if you've passed the lab, but the labs have been dumped and some unscrupulous candidates will use these ****.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    This should work for some firms who don't have large shops.

But if you work in a network off decent size and you don't have the procedures in place to properly screen candidates then you are the problem.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related