CCNA 640-802 Network Simulator Academic ed of 2nd revised ed Edition

urviurvi Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi
Is this a useful product - CCNA 640-802 Network Simulator Academic ed of 2nd revised ed Edition (ISBN 13: 9781587202162)?
Or should I buy Boson ExSim exams for ccna 640-802?
I dont like GNS3 or routersim so please dont suggest me that?
Please tell me only about the two products

Comments

• urviurvi Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi
    No one seems to be interested in answering my question!! Is this out of topic or what?
    I am not advertising any products! Just want some opinions!
  • CarnbyCarnby Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If the tests that come with it are Pearson tests, then personally I would go with Boson tests instead. I bought Boson tests. They are expensive, but they are worth it.
  • WarpigWarpig Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have the Pearson/Odom CCNA network simulator 2nd edition. It seems to do everything it says it does. The version i have comes with a ton of labs. The labs are ok but could be better. At least for the ICND1 the labs are VERY basic. My biggest issue with the labs is that they hold your hand too much through the lab. They literally give you each step by step instruction up to and including logging into the simulated device by telling you to enter the login/pw. etc. EVERY detail is spoon fed to you. Fine for the first few intro labs but I don't want to read how to log into the device when I'm working in lab #35. I have played around with mine a bit and have even gone into labs and done other things that all appear to work as expected. The command set is limited but I believe it covers what is needed for the ICND1\ICND2 exams well enough. I was doing a simple routing lab that had multiple routers all tied to a switch and had I think 5 routers to that central switch and then a switch and PC hanging off each router to simulate both a WAN and 5 LAN's. What the lab was walking me through was something simple, and just for fun I decided to configure all 5 routers with static routes to each LAN and ping around from all PC's to each LAN. The lab didnt suggest this... I just did it because I wanted to 1) see if I could (remember how) and 2) if the lab even though intended for a different purpose still do what I was configuring. Everything went off without a hitch I was able to fully configure static routes on every router for every network and ping around anywhere I wanted. It was pretty cool. I bought the CCNA Cert Library (Simulator Edition) and do not regret the extra I paid for the sim to be included with the package but their may be better out there. Not really sure. I almost bought the Boson Sim last night just because I was curious if the labs were any better but held off for now thinking that at least for ICND1 I am working on that the Pearson/Odom NetSim was good enough.

Nick
  • urviurvi Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone for replying :)
    @warpig,but just wanna know which one will be better- the academic edition or the retail edition of the pearson ccna network simulator?
    Its so confusing that cisco has so many options in terms of exam papers as well as products!!
    See that the same prodcuts has so many versions -
    1)Retail edition link-
    http://www.amazon.com/CCNA-640-802-Network-Simulator-Edition/dp/1587204444/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
    2)Academic edition link-
    http://www.amazon.com/640-802-Network-Simulator-Academic-Edition/dp/1587204452/ref=dp_ob_title_bk
    confused.png
  • nouri0nouri0 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Guys. I downloaded the demo version of the product and created a test topology. But when trying to use some IOS commands, the product didn'trecognized them. I even tried the ? technic to get help, but nothing happened. Is it because it's a demo version? I contacted the Boson technical support but I didn't get an answer. Any help, please? Thanks
  • nouri0nouri0 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Guys. Is there a trial version of the Pearson CCNA Network Simulator? I looked for it in the Pearson website butdidn't find it. Thanks