Cisco 881 routers and 3550 switches for CCNA?

MacNobodyMacNobody Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Where I work we have several 881s sitting on a shelf. I can grab a few of these and use them if needed.

I also have access to a few 2811 routers and there are SEVERAL dozen 3550 switches that we are not going to do anything with, they are just sitting in a stack in our basement storage area.

What is the best multi-use lab setup based on this hardware for CCNA?

Comments

• sucanushiesucanushie Member Posts: 163
    Send me a few 3550's will ya :)
  • MacNobodyMacNobody Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sucanushie wrote: »
    Send me a few 3550's will ya :)

;) Gotta inventory them and see what is available before I know what I can work with.

;)
  • bbarrickbbarrick Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MacNobody wrote: »
    Where I work we have several 881s sitting on a shelf. I can grab a few of these and use them if needed.

I also have access to a few 2811 routers and there are SEVERAL dozen 3550 switches that we are not going to do anything with, they are just sitting in a stack in our basement storage area.

What is the best multi-use lab setup based on this hardware for CCNA?

I bought a couple of routers/switches after watching this video, maybe it will help you out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-CP6w6TAIc

I'm interested as well, if you have that many laying around, please let us know if they will sell them for a decent price to us newbs who need to learn about these things. :)
    Thanks bbarick! I subscribed - love Jeremy's style of teaching - not dry at all!!

PM me with contact info. I am right next door in AR, and I get to OK monthly to see my mom and attend military drill in Broken Arrow/Tulsa area.
  • bbarrickbbarrick Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cool, I haven't been up to that area in quite some time but my wife and kids wouldn't mind a road trip. I tried to PM you but it said you don't have it enabled yet. I'm down in Ardmore which is a few hours away from Tulsa.
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The 881s will work. Your only issue should be lack of serial ports for frame-relay labs. 2811 would work better for lab purposes.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
    MacNobody wrote: »
    Thanks bbarick! I subscribed - love Jeremy's style of teaching - not dry at all!!

PM me with contact info. I am right next door in AR, and I get to OK monthly to see my mom and attend military drill in Broken Arrow/Tulsa area.

Try again. I just edited profile.

I am tryingvto send you a PM. I may not understand the forum layout well enough yet, can't find the button.