CompTIA Mobile App Security+ Beta Exam

MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
Be one of the first to earn CompTIA Mobile App Security+ – for free!

Many companies are downloading or creating applications explicitly for today’s smart platforms, either for internal use or to share with customers. Unfortunately, for many of these applications — especially the ones publicly available for download — security was an afterthought and this has caused major global data security breaches.

CompTIA Mobile App Security+, planned to be available in late summer 2013, validates skills necessary to secure those applications and protect the data and networks they access. There are two editions of this exam; one for iOS and one for Android. Each has been developed to validate skills and knowledge specifically for these operating systems.

As part of CompTIA’s high–stakes development process to ensure a statistically validated certification, CompTIA is offering a free Mobile App Security+ beta for the first 150 people to register and take each exam (a $284 value).

When: Available now
Where: Pearson VUE testing centers
Beta exam number:
iOS Edition: IO1-001
Android Edition: AD1-001
Cost: Free
Promo Code:
iOS Edition: MAPS iOS EB beta
Android Edition: MAPS ADR EB beta
(utilize when registering for the exam to receive it for free)

spacer.gif

Please Note:

Those who pass the exam will become CompTIA Mobile App Security+ certified at the time the final exam launches in late summer, 2013.

If you are unable to test at your registered time, please click here to cancel at least 24 hours in advance. If you do not reschedule within 24 hours, you will be ineligible to register again. For complete cancelation policies for CompTIA exams, click here.

Study materials for the new version of the Mobile App Security+ exam will not be available until the live exam launches later in the summer of 2013. View the objectives.

Visit http://support.comptia.org or call [URL="tel:866.835.8020"]866.835.8020[/URL], option 2, with questions.

Comments

• demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    yea i got that invite too ... ill pass
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    So that's 4 new CompTIA "+" exams being released this year from what I understand:

Cloud+
    Mobility+
    Mobile App Security+ iOS
    Mobile App Security+ Android
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think it is really awesome and would definitely go well with my Mobile Forensics certification. Sadly they are all full up, but hopefully it goes live soon.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • beacombeacom Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Additional promo codes for the Mobile Security+ exams:

MAPS iOS Mkt beta
    MAPS ADR Mkt beta

These are still valid as of posting.

EDIT:

And more (haven't tried these though):
    MAPS ADR VF beta
    MAPS iOS VF beta
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Registered for both :)
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    Registered for both :)

What will you use for your study guides?
  • absoluteabsolute Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I registered for the Android version earlier today...also looking for study material. Downloaded the Objectives and about to get a cram session going before I take the test in a couple weeks.
  • About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    Registered this one as far out as possible - Monday Aug 26. If anyone finds any viable study materials, don't be shy. Thanks for the promo.
  • absoluteabsolute Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Be careful with scheduling too far out. I got an email about the Mobility+ exam saying:

Thank you for registering for the CompTIA Mobility+ Certification Beta test. Our records indicate that you are currently scheduled to take the exam on Jun 6 2013 8:00AM.

Currently there have been over 650 who have registered to take the exam and 81 have already taken it. In addition, more than 400 have scheduled to take the exam prior to June 30th, 2013.

Please consider that this beta will expire once 400 have taken the exam. Therefore, you may want to consider rescheduling to an earlier date to ensure your spot among the remaining 319 available.

We will continue to communicate any important updates.

If you are unable to test at your registered time, please click here to cancel at least 24 hours in advance. Due to the costs and timeliness of CompTIA beta programs, those who do not show up to a scheduled appointment will not be allowed to reschedule their exam nor will they be invited to participate in otherCompTIA beta programs.

We thank you for your participation and encourage you to consider the factors above to ensure you are one of the first to earn your Mobility+ certification.
  • beacombeacom Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No problem. If anyone comes across study materials, give a shout out and I will do the same!
  • MearieweatherMearieweather Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is this still available and valid?
  • eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No, it was closed back in June/July. Usually 400-600 tests are able to be taken. When they go it closes.