Options

Need a suggestion?

pixa241pixa241 Member Posts: 207
Ok so I applied for an End User Support Technician job at my local hospital. I havnt got a call yet but the status has changed to still in consideration for the position. I found the the person who previously held this job as he got promoted. I was thinking about contacting him and maybe asking him for some tips on getting the job. Would you guys recommend I do this. Would it hurt/help my chances. I found him on facebook as well and it was just out of nowhere. I just happened to be browsing profiles where it says people you may know. And it just so happened that on his jobs he was the previous person that held that job.
WGU Complete: September 2014

Comments

• Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    I wouldn't do this, especially since he still works at the organization. Even if he didn't still work there, you don't know this person at all to be able to discern whether their advice was well-intended or not.

What I would do is look for his profile on LinkedIn & see what type of qualifications & experience he had prior to taking the position you're interested in.