CCNP TSHOOT Topology question

crrimsoncrrimson Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have a question regarding the official TSHOOT exam topology:
https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/10965

On the test, is the IPv6 layer 3 topology an entirely different topology, or just built on top of the IPv4 topology? I cannot tell from the PDF, but am guessing it is entirely different/seperate and not built on top of the IPv4 topology.

Comments

• NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    All these logical topologies are based on the same physical topology. Go try out the TSHOOT practice questions on the Cisco website and you will see this is the case and more. (Which is why I don't believe it violates NDA to say so.)
  • okplayaokplaya Member Posts: 199
    You can build most of the layer 3 topology in your lab just using the diagram. I think it's a great preparation exercise before the exam.
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    As stated by NetworkVeteran, they are definitely the same topology. The routers in question will contain IPv4 and IPv6 programming.
    This is also very clear if you use the Boson ExSim-Max for the TSHOOT, which I highly suggest. You can absolutely guarantee a pass if you use this. (Possibly with a 1000)
  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    To give you a point of reference in the IPv6 world, this is what's known as dual stack. Two completely different Layer 3 protocols running over the same network. As others have said, you can lab this up in GNS3, and I would highly recommend it.
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • crrimsoncrrimson Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    SharkDiver wrote: »
    As stated by NetworkVeteran, they are definitely the same topology. The routers in question will contain IPv4 and IPv6 programming.
    This is also very clear if you use the Boson ExSim-Max for the TSHOOT, which I highly suggest. You can absolutely guarantee a pass if you use this. (Possibly with a 1000)

I agree that Boson ExSim-Max for TSHOOT is useful and was VERY close to the real test even down to the commands you can and cannot use, it was a big confidence booster, since I crushed the practice tests on it, I decided to just go ahead and schedule my test!

But to be clear the routers/switches on ExSim *are not* configured as dual-stack, while they ARE on the actual test. The few IPv6 questions on ExSim have a seperate IPv6 config.

I took the exam today and found that out and passed!