Options

Studying for CCNA/CCNA:Security

cbolarcbolar Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am just wondering how many of you out there have studied for the two certifications side by side. I am currently enrolled in WGU and I plan on trying to knock out the three tests during my new semester starting on July 1st. I have begun studying for the CCENT section due to having twenty days left in the term after finishing all of my CU's. Do you guys have any recommendations as to why this would be a good or bad idea?

Also I am interested in putting together a nice lab station. I have two desktops, two laptops, a network printer and a 3TB NAS drive set aside for this project and will be looking to buy some rack equipment pretty soon. I have a budget of at least $500 to $1000 minimum if necessary for the equipment. I have some experience in networking when it comes to break/fix style learning in a repair shop and in my own business. I can create a "basic" setup, sharing files, printers etc, but I don't consider this anywhere near CCENT/CCNA level material.

I have nothing but free time due to recovering from a health issue. So I would expect to be putting in at least eight hours per day minimum. Any suggestions and or criticisms are certainly welcomed, thanks ahead of time.