Options

70-680 Exam questions??

JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
Are there any lab questions in the 70-680 exams like there are in the Cisco exams? I'm currently doing labs for it and I understand what I'm doing I just can't seem to remember all the DISM, ImageX, OSCDIMG, WDSUTIL, etc commands and all of their options. So I was wondering if you have to remember these on the exam?

Comments

• Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    You need to know most of those commands like you know your birthdate. Not every question will require the knowledge down to the nitty gritty, but the 680 has a lot of "What if...." questions that require you to know which technology does what and when you should use it. Some of them might even ask what command you would need to run at the prompt to get the result requested.

Wish I had better news for you, but once you get familiar with most of them they are easy to spot even if you cannot quite remember the syntax without an example. (EG. You might recognize the correct answer even if you couldn't answer an open ended question.) There won't be any questions that require you to TYPE the commands.

On the bright side, if you memorize them well enough, you might be able to easily slip into the 686 exam as it covers a lot of deployment stuff. Good luck on it.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot About7Narwhal. That's exactly what I wanted to know. I guess I'll have to keep on studying some more on the deployment because that's the part I am having more difficulties.
  • Options
    I hate deployment questions. I studied until I though my eyes would bleed before I finally passed the 680. If you know what the commands do in a general sense, it might be enough to get you through the exam. I would know the imagex stuff completely. I would also know the required DiskPart commands as well.
  • Options
    And how to create a PE disk from the cmd. lol
  • Options
    Alright that's great! What you just told is actually what I understand the most for the deployment topic (WindowsPE, ImageX & DiskPart). What really make my "eyes bleed" is the DISM tool. There's so much stuff you can do with that one it's crazy!