Options

Business Cards

DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
Ok, I'm sure some folks have done the same thing I'm thinking of...

right now, I do all my tech work for free. Why? Because since I'm not professionally certified, I don't feel comfortable charging people for work. Since by this time next week, I'll have passed the A+, I'll feel just fine and dandy about charging folks a fair price for the work I do. Now, for the most part, I do not advertise that I know a thing or two about computers (although the study guides and my books for school tend to be a dead giveaway for anyone who bothers to pay attention ;)). However, that will need to change. To that end, does anyone know of any reasonably priced (or better yet, *free*) software that will allow the design of business cards? I've already got permission from my current boss to post something in the break room and next to the time clock (he doesn't care since it doesn't compete with us in any way), and I have friends and family willing to hand them out. I'm hoping that I can drum up enough side business to help defray the cost of my certification exams and study materials.
= Marcus Drakonblayde
================
CCNP-O-Meter:
=[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
=CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    MS Word.

(That's a serious suggestion icon_wink.gif )
  • Options
    Well, yeah, I suppose that would work. I was hoping for something where I didn't have to worry about formatting though hehe
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    True, the formatting takes some effort, but you will have full control.

We got those machines in train stations and some mega stores which you feed a couple of bucks, "touch" a screen a couple of times and it spits out a bunch of business cards...
  • Options
    hehe, I was just going to design my own then take the design to Kinko's for mass reproduction
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    for mass reproduction

Oh... u scared the hell out of me... I though you said for mass destruction. icon_lol.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    You can always grab a template to create the cards in Word... would relieve you of the margins and such..
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    business cards on the cheap:

create a table with cells the size of the credit card. you may get about eight or twelve cards on a sheet. a lot of cards are 50mm x 90mm. design your card in one cell and copy and paste it into the other cells. do the whole thing in black ink and don't forget to show the rules in your table, as when you print them onto card or photocopy them, you will need the lines to cut them out.

if you cannot get your hands on a guillotine, slice them up with a craft knife and lean on a sheet of glass (the knife won't score the glass, though the blade will blunt)

;)
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    Avery has quite a few products that you can use to make business cards. They are perforated cards that you can either use in a laser or inkjet printer and cost anywhere from $10 - $20 for 200 cards. The quality all depends on the printer that you use and of course, whether you just design it poorly. There are plenty of programs that you can use to design the cards (Either freeware or shareware). I made several hundred for my friend's dad because he didn't want to pay exorbitant amounts that some company wanted to print him some more cards. Not only was he very pleased with them, but I was able to make such a close match that any difference wasn't discernable to the naked eye. Of course, beware of using them in an inkjet printer as they do tend to smear. I would suggest this approach unless you have the money to spend on professionally made cards. Otherwise, get printing!

Cheeblie