Options

Switch port default configuration

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
is it possible in Cisco to apply a config to all ports that are currently set to access ports or with out config. with out using a range command?

so like..

If the port is configured as access mode apply config, if it is configured as a trunk then skip.

I am only asking out of interest really to see if there is some fancy feature I have not come across yet :)

Cheers

PS. does any one ever use the smart ports in Cisco ?
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Your best bet would be to write some kind of script to do this. Check interface configuration, pull out any that are access then apply your config. At least until Cisco gets on the band wagon and creates apply groups. I heard this will be supported in coming releases of XR, but probably won't help you much.

I've never used the Smart Ports macros so not sure if it will be able to do what you want it to.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    yer I was afraid that was the way.

I might look at Prime Infrastructure as I should learn there scripting language anyway. Another thing to add to the list! :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.