Options

Thinking about CCNA Security Track

X10MMXX10MMX Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am thinking about going down the CCNA Sec track but i was speaking to a guy that works at Cisco and he mentioned Cisco are becoming very focused on security and changes will be coming "very soon". That is all he could tell me.

Am i right in thinking that they will most probably make changes to the exam?

Anyone had any experiences in the past with Cisco doing this? Also is it worth starting this track if it will change?

This will be self study, I wont be going on a course.

Comments

• Options
    cisco_nerdcisco_nerd Member Posts: 198
    Until something 'hard and fast' from Cisco is released in the form of official exam updates etc. I would take it with a grain of salt and continue your self-study.

I'm in the same boat and currently doing self-study for the 554 IINS exam and have it booked for about 7 weeks from now, but I wouldn't be too concerned about possible changes until Cisco come out and say something has changed.
  • Options
    X10MMXX10MMX Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am just about to sit one of the private cloud exams but i cant bring myself to doing the second one yet. So I lining up the CCNA Sec or VCP next. I am more pushing for the CCNA Sec as I know my company will send me on the course for VCP Pre Req.

Good luck for the exam.. How are you finding the topics? Its been a while since i have done some Cisco stuff (Apart from the odd bit of network troubleshooting). I passed my CCNA last year and not done much since so it might take me a while to get back in to it.
  • Options
    cisco_nerdcisco_nerd Member Posts: 198
    I'm finding it pretty good so far. I learnt a fair bit when I was studying for Sec+ in terms of policy etc, but havnt done much in the way of configuring an IPS/IDS or ZBFW. I've had experience in configuring and troubleshooting ACL though but i'm looking forward to getting more into the Cisco side of it
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CCNA: Security was just re-designed last year. You'll be fine.