Options

pearsons test vs boson exsim-max

urviurvi Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi
Which is better -pearsons test or boson exsim-max for ccna exams?
p.s: I am not advertising for either companies. I just want some opinions for myself only. Thanks Regards, urvi

Comments

• Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Boson is what pushed me over the edge to get a pass on ICND1, I would definitely recommend it. I can't comment on the other site.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    Hi Kinetic bro,
    Can you tell me please,if I buy only the 640-802 Boson Exsim-Max will it help me for the separate exams as well?
    Hope you have got my point?
    I mean if I purchase only the 640-802 boson exams instead of separately paying for the individual exams ,will it help me crack the individual exams as well?
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Are you serious?
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My thoughts exactly.
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • Options
    xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    By using braindumps you're shooting yourself in the foot and completely defeating the purpose of certification in general. If you need braindumps, you don't know the material.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • Options
    I am not using or buying braindumps! I am asking about boson exams.
    Read the question carefully before you answer!!
  • Options
    silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
    urvi wrote: »

It definitely read "braindumps vs. boson" originally...
    Certs: CCENT, CCNA:R&S
    Working on: MCITP:SA
    Goals: CCENT (ICND1) [Done], CCNA (ICND2) [Done], MCITP:SA
  • Options
    pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You edited before you made this post. You shouldn't be the one telling anyone what to do.
  • Options

I'm going to ignore the fact that you just changed your post (and implied I can't read) and give you a legitimate answer anyway. Just know that braindumps are highly frowned upon around here for good reason. It really is to your benefit to avoid them. They are designed to help you pass exams by memorizing questions/answers instead of truly learning the material.

I haven't used Pearson's practice exams, but the Boson questions that came with my CCNA book were excellent. Boson was tough enough that if you did well on it, you would do fine on the exam. The CCNA Security text that I'm currently reading comes with Pearson practice exams, I think. The fact that Cisco Press would choose them for a Cert Guide tells me they must be just a good.
  • Options
    Hi xenodamus,
    Thanks for your good advice.
    Can you tell me please,if I buy only the 640-802 Boson Exsim-Max,instead of the separate 640-822 and 816 boson exsim exams ,will it help me when i sit for the separate exams as well?
    That is if I purchase only the 640-802 boson exams, instead of separately paying for the individual boson exsim exams for icnd1 and icnd2 ,will it help me crack the individual exams as well?
    Hope you got my point
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you can afford it, get the Boson ExSim-Max.

I personally hate the Pearson tests. They came free Odom's book, so I gave them a try. I repeatedly came up just shy of passing and not because I didn't know the material, but because of the wording of the questions or in the case of some questions because the answer [on the test] was just plain wrong or was based on information not included in the question.

I decided to buy the Boson ExSim-Max and took all 3 practice exams [at different times,] scoring 901, 930, and 930. I scored ~914 on the actual ICND1. The Boson contains Simulations and Simlets just like on the real thing. Pearson does not (only multiple choice and possibly - can't remember for sure - drag and drop). With only slight differences (see below), the Boson practice test and the real ICND1 feel the same.

Slight Differences:

1) The Real ICND1 contains a second type of Simlet that has a slightly different look, but the basic idea is still the same. I don't know why Cisco felt the need to have Simlets with two slightly different layouts.

2) On the real test, [for Simulations] you will usually have to connect to a router/switch by clicking on the PC connected to it by console cable. On Boson you can just click the router/switch.

3) The real test is slightly more restrictive than Boson in which routers/switches you can connect to (only those they deem absolutely necessary to complete the Sim or answer the question(s)) and what commands you can use. The latter got me on the actual exam (though I still passed with a decent score) because Cisco had disabled both of the commands I would normally have used to check for an IP Addressing issue. I don't know of they intended me to assume the address was wrong since none of the other answers (1 of 4 multiple choice questions on a simlet) were right or if they thought there was some other way to determine the problem [than the two commands I tried, but was not able to use.]
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    But Friends,
    None of you are telling me the answer to the question I am posting again and again.
    My question was -
    If I buy only the 640-802 Boson Exsim-Max,instead of the separate 640-822 and 816 boson exsim exams ,will it help me when i sit for the separate exams as well?
    That is if I purchase only the 640-802 boson exams, instead of separately paying for the individual boson exsim exams for icnd1 and icnd2 ,will it help me crack the individual exams as well?
    Regards
  • Options
    I can't comment on the composite practice exam. I got a Boson practice exam with each textbook, ICND1 and ICND2. It stands to reason, though, that the questions in the composite exam will be spread across more material. So, you may not get grilled as heavily on each topic.
  • Options
    goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Everyone learns differently. No one test can prepare you for the Icnd1 and 2. The practice test is a tool to help assist you in taking the real test. I found studying the exam objectives helped me get through the first test. Vs using a practice test simulator.

Pearson test questions really make you think. NO simulations though.

Personally I rather save my money for the retake. Unless boson has a money back gaurantee. :D
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • Options
    Hi xenodamus,
    How did you get the boson exams with wendell odom icnd1 & icnd2 books?i think they have the pearson practice exams
  • Options
    SGITSGIT Member Posts: 52 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can you tell me please,if I buy only the 640-802 Boson Exsim-Max will it help me for the separate exams as well?
    Hope you have got my point?
    I mean if I purchase only the 640-802 boson exams instead of separately paying for the individual exams ,will it help me crack the individual exams as well?
    I think you have a question similar to the one I had. I being very frugal was hoping I could buy the Exsim-Max for the CCNA and which cost just a little more than buying either the one for ICND1 or the ICND2, however I did not see anywhere listed if the 640-802 could be segmented so it would only ask me ICND1 questions until I was ready for the ICND2. I noticed that the Combo one for the CCNA has the same number of questions as the ICND1 and 2 added together, but I didn't think being asked all the question would be worth it for me so I ordered just the one for the 822. I think the cost was $90 for the ICND1 or 2 and $120 for the composite which has the same number of question as the other two combined.
    I never did check with Boson to confirm, I just assumed it would be asking me all the question from both exams and I didn't think that would be helpful. So I bought the one for the 822 last month and I will be buying the one for ICND2 hopefully in a month or two,,,,when I hope to be close to taking the exam.
  • Options
    NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    Why don't you just take the composite exam?
    Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security