Options

What happens if I don't make it?

xkaijinxxkaijinx Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed the soon to be retired version of ICND1. I am studying now for the soon to be retired ICND2 (640-816).

From today I have 3.5 months until the exam is retired, I think it is cutting it pretty damn close.

What are my options if I do not make the pass before the cutoff?

Ultimately my goal is to study and take the test in the next 2.5 months.

Comments

• Options
    silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
    From what I've heard you'll just have to take the new ICND2 to complete your CCNA. Old ICND1 + New ICND2 = CCNA. Or old and old, or new and new, any combination will work.
    Certs: CCENT, CCNA:R&S
    Working on: MCITP:SA
    Goals: CCENT (ICND1) [Done], CCNA (ICND2) [Done], MCITP:SA
  • Options
    pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
    silverp1 wrote: »
    From what I've heard you'll just have to take the new ICND2 to complete your CCNA. Old ICND1 + New ICND2 = CCNA. Or old and old, or new and new, any combination will work.
    Correct. You are a CCENT and need to complete the old or new version of the ICND2 exam to be a CCNA. If you do not pass, which is terrible thinking, then you just have to start all over because the topics are mostly different for the updated exam.
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Most could make that deadline. If not, you might end up studying and passing a new version of the exam covering more up-to-date material, something you can advertise on your resume and in interviews to give you a competitive advantage.
  • Options
    xkaijinxxkaijinx Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You're right I should be able to pass this and apologies for the negative thought pattern.

am just feeling extra pressure to pass this exam now, since I was under the impression I had until Dec 30th for some odd reason, and was just informed the actual date is Sept 30th. So now I am in a bit of panic mode..