Options

MicroTrain Technologies???

WilliamWrightWilliamWright Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
MicroTrain Technologies gave me a call and offer to train and pay for my Cert exams, Whats the catch? Is this legit? Should I do it? I'm confused as hell.

Here is the website www.microtrain.net

Comments

• Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    MicroTrain Technologies gave me a call and offer to train and pay for my Cert exams, Whats the catch? Is this legit? Should I do it? I'm confused as hell.

Here is the website www.microtrain.net

*Note - I have no experience with Microtrain*

The end goal of any profit making organisation is to make profit. We have several training providers in the UK that offer "free" training, however in the fine print it states that the person is liable for the cost of the training and exams if certain conditions aren't met which could run into the thousands, eg the courses and exams aren't taken and finished within a certain time frame, refusal of an offer of employment (the job offer can be half way round the country), etc..

I am not saying that Microtrain is like this, as there are legit providers out there. What I am saying is that you have to read and understand the fine print of any contract/agreement/training T&C's before signing.
  • Options
    johnnyonthespotjohnnyonthespot Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    They milk a federal program called the Workforce Investment Act and cold call anyone who puts their resume on a job board in an attempt to get them to take training paid for through the feds. The issue isn't the training, but their certification rate which is completely non-existent. They provide little to no support after someone attends their boot camp style training, and barely anyone actually takes their certification exams. It's actually so bad, that the organization bases a substantial portion of it's profit margin on individuals NOT taking certification exams. Because of how the funding is structured, the company still receives payment regardless of student certification outcome. So sad.

I would stay away from them at all costs if I were you.
  • Options
    JohnnyUtah41JohnnyUtah41 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    They milk a federal program called the Workforce Investment Act and cold call anyone who puts their resume on a job board in an attempt to get them to take training paid for through the feds. The issue isn't the training, but their certification rate which is completely non-existent. They provide little to no support after someone attends their boot camp style training, and barely anyone actually takes their certification exams. It's actually so bad, that the organization bases a substantial portion of it's profit margin on individuals NOT taking certification exams. Because of how the funding is structured, the company still receives payment regardless of student certification outcome. So sad.

I would stay away from them at all costs if I were you.

another company taking advantage of the fed with programs that are meant to better people, instead one company is making money of this. Stuff is sad man.