Options

Social Networking - getting too much?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    jibbajabba wrote:
    It is hard to deny that most, if not all, are on sites like Twitter or Facebook. I dodged twitter so far but I am on Facebook.

....snip...

How about you?

I am not hating on Facebook or twitter i just think it's too much people snooping in your business, i don't like it when somebody who you don't know invades your private space, someone who you don't know is able to view your pics without your permission and there is no order you just cannot control everything. It's just not my kind of thing.

If you like to these social networks it is because you use it for it's advantages it works for you, there nothing wrong with that, don't get me wrong this is only my opinion. We all have our different perceptions.
  • Options
    knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    I don't really like Facebook but I use it for its chat features seeing as no one I know uses Skype. Everyone has Facebook Messenger on their iPhones etc.

Twitter I don't really understand why I use it, I only follow my friends and IMDB.
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

• Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Like I said earlier the main reason I stay off Facebook is to avoid engaging in the stupidity of other relatives or friends. My wife posts every so often and it is her way of keeping in touch with everybody rather than individual emails or phone calls. My problem with it is we have relatives that have a "cause of the week" or some viral nonsense that I know is false would give me a hard time not saying it is nonsense.

I use Apple's Photostream now to share pictures of my son with a close circle and that is about it.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I use Facebook daily, though only use Twitter to complain about train service. I will say that as far as vendor interaction, Facebook is amazing! I worked with our social media manager and it is amazing how quickly complaints are solved when you post on a company's Facebook page. I keep in contact with friends, family, and old bosses through it. I needed my college room mates information for a background check and without Facebook I would have never been able to get it. I post stupid things, but one aspect I think most people miss is how quick it is for news and in emergencies. I have mine locked down pretty well (if you try to find me, you find my dad instead) so I tend to think I'm alright.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    jmfdjmfd Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Facebook has several features to hide apps, games, other people. Facebook used to be annoying to me, but then I put in the time to customize it and now I love it again.

Social Fixer was an excellent help with cleaning it up.
    WGU B.S.I.T. - Information Security | Completed January 2016
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    I am 24, prime age and target audience for the social networking stuff. I use to have a facebook account and was on it quite regularly. I had tons of "friends" and the like. Once I stopped using my account it was a little bit easier to judge my friends because they were the ones who would actually talk to me.

Plus, I got tired of reading peoples stupid opinions and had I seen another "YOU JUST GOT HAXXED!!!" I thought I might snap. It is convenient and is a really good way to keep in touch with friends/family, but I decided I would rather stick with texting and Skype for contact. .02 cents though, take it with salt.
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    Heh. Thanks. Sorry I've been AWOL for so long. Long roller-coaster ride for the last couple months

I had thought you died. It was sad.