Options

ICND2 Study Materials and Sybex/Lammle's Book

kc98gtkc98gt Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
After some help and guidance from you all I have decided to join the race to knock out my ICND2 v1 before the September 30th deadline. I used Lammle's CCENT book and his writing style is definitely what I needed. I looked at the sticky threads regarding the study materials, but I didn't see anyone bring up this point about Lammle's book for the CCNA/ICND2.

When I look for his ICND2 book I am only able to find his book for the 640-802 CCNA exam. I know this book includes materials from ICND1 and ICND2, but the book itself prepares for your a different exam than I will be taking, the 640-816. I was able to pass ICND1 with CBT Nuggets, Lammle's CCENT book, GNS3 labs, and tons of practice. I would prefer to start with Lammle's book since I feel I can get through that book more quickly than Odom's ICND2 book, since I am trying to beat the deadline.

I just wanted to double check that I am not overlooking a Sybex/Lammle book that focuses soley on the ICND2. I have read plenty of threads of people who used his book, but I couldn't confirm if they used a different book than the one I linked.

Comments

• Options
    dantepgdantepg Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This book is for the combined exam. On his website's forums, Lammle breaks out which chapters are ICND1 (Chapters: 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,10,14,16) and the rest are ICND2.
  • Options
    dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dantepg wrote: »
    This book is for the combined exam. On his website's forums, Lammle breaks out which chapters are ICND1 (Chapters: 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,10,14,16) and the rest are ICND2.

From what i have been reading and studying for my ICND2 Chapter 16 is also important imo, Frame relay, VPN, PPP etc.....