Options

Interesting take on hiring practices from SVP from Google

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■

Comments

• Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    lol, we as regular lowly peons knew this, but i'm glad to see at least a few higher-ups are starting to realize this...i HATE those brain teasers with a passion...
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks for the link!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    Nice read. If someone asks me "how many golf balls can you fit in an airplane" my answer will always be "I don't know and I don't want to know".
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you want to guarantee you'll get the job, respond with "The more important question is, how many golf balls can I fit in my mouth?", then pull 3 or 4 golf balls out of your pocket and put them in your mouth.
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    @boredgamelad

I think it shows utility. Not only did you have the tools for the job, you showed your spatial and situational awareness too.
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you want to guarantee you'll get the job, respond with "The more important question is, how many golf balls can I fit in my mouth?", then pull 3 or 4 golf balls out of your pocket and put them in your mouth.

Just don't swallow any of them.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Article wrote:
    “Google famously used to ask everyone for a transcript and G.P.A.’s and test scores, but we don’t anymore, unless you’re just a few years out of school."
    That sounds par for the course. Whether you earned a 3.2 or a 3.8 GPA matters to employers where you're a new graduate. After 5-10 years, they're mostly content to know the type of degree and the school you got it from.