Options

64:61:6e - My own thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    64:61:6e64:61:6e Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks! At first I didn't think I passed. I actually didn't find out until I received the print out. It was a relief needless to say.

For the lab studies...I plan on starting with INE's WB1 and their ATC where needed. Over time I was able to piece together a home lab based off the INE topology as well. The hardware and interfaces are not exact but it works great; I just had to spend a few minutes in Notepad++ to change interfaces within the initial configs. Now I just need to power it up and copy/paste the configs in before starting.
    Before I start labbing though, I need to brush up on Multicast and QoS a bit more since I found they were my worst areas in the test.
    I also need to put together a plan of attack in either an Excel workbook or in a project plan (or both). I used Project for my Written studies and found it worked well for me mainly because of the deadlines (goals) I set for myself. If I didn't have those deadlines, or goals set, I'd still be at the beginning of my studies or more likely, had given up. I'm going to have to get a bit more detailed with the lab plan than I did with the written though. A few months back I found a Project Plan and Excel workbook that someone else posted online so might take a look at that and modify where needed. If I can find the original link, I will post that in this thread in case it may help others.

For now though, my son asked to play a video game with him so I'm going to take a break from studies tonight and go hang out with him.
    CCIE-DC Written - Q1 2015
    CCIE-DC Lab - Q3/Q4 2015

• Options
    mhonskymhonsky Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!! Now, the fun part begins..

Happy studying!

Cheers!-mhonsky
    Reading Hrs for Lab:60
    Lab Hrs: 200

Goal 2013: CCIE R&S ( ) | ITILv3 Foundation ( )
  • Options
    aragoen_celtdraaragoen_celtdra Member Posts: 246
    Congrats on the milestone dude! I'm right behind you - well, a few more months behind. ;)
    CCIE Wr: In Progress...
    Hours CCIE Wr Prep: 309:03:52
    Follow my study progress at Route My World!
    My CCIE Thread
  • Options
    64:61:6e64:61:6e Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's been a few weeks since my last post so figured I'd update this thread to note where I'm at with my studies.

I've been hitting the labs hard over the past 2 weeks continuing my 6-7 hour study days similar to my written studies. For my overall plan, I'm using the INE strategy posted here > How to pass the CCIE R&S with INE's 4.0 Training Program.

With this plan that INE had put together, I see that the average time to complete Phase 1 is about 100 hours. I haven't really hit anything that has completely stumped me which is a great feeling but then again, the tasks being completed are the basics I feel. I'll still probably go a little over the estimated 100 hours but I'm taking as much time as I need until l feel extremely comfortable with the tasks being completed. Even if I don't have an issue completing a task, I still go through various debugs and verifications. I'm up to the BGP section now and will be starting that today. I'll try to get as far as I can but after today I'll be away from my lab for a little over a week since we're going away on a family vacation. I'll have my iPad with me so will still be able to read in the evenings if I feel up to it. It will be nice to get a break from things for a little but I'm sure I'll be looking forward to getting back into my study routine.

So, on to BGP for now....

-Dan
    CCIE-DC Written - Q1 2015
    CCIE-DC Lab - Q3/Q4 2015