70-462 Servers

NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
Those of you who have taken the 70-462 or are studying for it - the MS press book has you set up (6) Servers to use through the training kit. Did you guys actually set up all 6 for the training? Do you need to run all 6 at once?
When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.

Comments

• knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    Im studying for it now and I am only using 2 as I don't really have the resource to do all 6.
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

• NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for the response. I decided to go ahead and set up all 6 - my machine has 16GB of RAM but hopefully you don't need to run all 6 at once.
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Update - this environment was easy enough to setup with the provided instructions.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Not to familiar with the infrastructure side, but good luck on the exam gents. You two and Z and Unique are always very helpful. (Sorry for the cheerleader post)! :)
  • knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    CarlSaiyed wrote: »
    Thanks for the response. I decided to go ahead and set up all 6 - my machine has 16GB of RAM but hopefully you don't need to run all 6 at once.

You'll never have to use all 6 at once to be honest. My laptop could hardly handle having 3 up and running only 8GB RAM inside, so I was basically forced to only have the 2. At work I also have only 2 test machines.

I know there are objectives on core server and I SHOULD get that on a machine and test but for some reason I really don't feel a need too. (I'm going to eat my words if I get questioned a lot on my exam)

Right now I'm learning Migration, Always on, Backup, Windows Cluster setup as we're going through an upgrade here in the office and I have asked to take lead on it. So most of my attention is on these.

Probably not really an answer you were looking for but that's my 2 cents :D
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development