Options

Online Hosting

About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
Hey all,

Have a quick question that a friend asked me. He has about 10 or 15 users who work throughout the USA and he needs to create a central point for data and would like to be able to control the computers as needed. This is very much a small business, so a datacenter is out of the question. They are currently using TeamViewer for the remote admin side of things but have no real solution for the data problems. Can anyone suggest a high speed service for collaboration works? Perhaps something that does collaboration and remote admin? The goal is to have the data stored in one place for easy access and backup.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Any cloud storage solution (The elephant silently enters the room...)
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Like ChooseLife said, any cloud storage solution. I'd recommend taking a look at Synology, they have some very good solutions. I personally use their products.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
    For the data, I would look at box.net, or depending on what they are using for email, consider migrating to office365 that with sharepoint and skydrive.
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If money is an issue - gmail would probably do the trick too ...

Really depends on your requirements .. pure storage ? I second cloud storage (box.net / dropbox.com etc.).
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    I will take a look at these options. Thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was about to ask a similar question and maybe this will help the OP. I'm also looking for a solution for online access to files, but with document change control. 5-10 users and may vary between simply keeping files current to approving changes and keeping previous versions. I've checked out the sites suggested and it looks like DropBox Business, Box.net or DocumenTree.com offer suitable solutions, but i need to research it more.

I'm checking out Google Drive and MS Skydrive, but I don't think they have the level of control needed.

Any other suggestions or comments?
  • Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    kevozz wrote: »
    I'm also looking for a solution for online access to files, but with document change control.
    Have a look at CentralDesktop, it does exactly that
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks. I'm checking them out now.