Interview tomorrow.

pixa241pixa241 Member Posts: 207
Ok so many of you have helped me this last week in updating my resume. I have an interview for an IT logistics technician job tomorrow. It is for the city and I have never had an interview with the city so not sure what to expect. Any ideas or tips and questions I can ask to do good on the interview for anyone that was worked for their county/city. Here is a description of the job. Ultimately I want to be on the software side of things but right now all i need is a foot in the door.

Receives, confirms, and records all delivered information technology and telecommunications hardware and software; issues information technology and telecommunications hardware and software; set up and maintain receiving/inventory, product/vendor databases; maintain organized, clean, stockrooms or storage facilities; coordinate/participate in the loading/unloading of information technology materials and equipment onto/off trucks or other vehicles and transport to various locations; assist with hardware and software audit activities and obtaining quotes; prepare information technology and telecommunications for surplus, ensuring all County information has been removed and the necessary documentation has been completed and submitted; ensure information technology and telecommunications hardware and software is secure, and that locks and cameras and alarms are operational and in use; report any discrepancies immediately.

Employment Standards:

Education/Experience - Any combination of education and experience that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
Completion of two years of college coursework in computer science or related field AND one (1) year as a County of Tulare IT Logistics Technician I OR two (2) years of experience in information technology or telecommunications equipment stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards operations.

Knowledge of – Methods of receiving, storage, and delivery of materials; methods of material handling and safe driving practices; types and uses of information technology and telecommunication equipment.

Skill/Ability to – Provides excellent customer service; establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, other County personnel, and vendors; understand and carry out oral and written instructions and documented procedures. Sit/stand/walk or drive for extended periods; maintain records.

License Must complete all County requirements as a forklift operator within 6 months of hire.Must possess or have the ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver's license.

Additional Information:

Other Requirements– This position may work in County law enforcement and detention facilities. Applicants must undergo a non sworn law enforcement background investigation and receive security clearance from the Tulare County Sheriff’s Department and maintain that clearance for the duration of employment.

DESIREABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge of – Microsoft Office Suite

WGU Complete: September 2014