passed A+ core today....9/15

majkowskidmajkowskid Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
passed A+ core today with a 695... not bad, but i thought i did WAY better. i counted all the questions that i knew 100%, and out of 80, thought i had 70 correct AT LEAST. kind of suprised by my score, but who cares... a pass is a pass.

personally, i should've taken it like 2 weeks ago. i studied my butt off, and the test was a BREEZE. i've heard the OS portion is a lot harder though..

to answer any questions, all i used was the Testtakers Guide Series A+ exams Guide, by Christopher A Crayton (got it on amazon for like 5$) and most of the questions that were in the review in there and on the cd were EXACTLY word for word how they were on the test... it amazed me.
i could've memorized the 160$ practice questions without reading and passed... very happy with the book. it doesn't og in depth though, just what you need for the test, which is all i need at the moment.

the tech notes and practice tests on this site were good as well...

thanks!

daniel

Comments

• 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    majkowskid wrote:
    ....., all i used was the Testtakers Guide Series A+ exams Guide, by Christopher A Crayton (got it on amazon for like 5$) and most of the questions that were in the review in there and on the cd were EXACTLY word for word how they were on the test... it amazed me.

That sounds like a br@indump to me icon_evil.gif EXACT questions?? This is definately a problem.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • scot_doneckerscot_donecker Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    it doesn't og in depth though, just what you need for the test, which is all i need at the moment.

Please don't tell me that ALL you did was read this book, do practice exams, and read the Tech notes on this site.

Without in depth knowledge on the material the exam tests you over, how do you justify your cert? It sounds to me like you studied for the exam, and not for the knowledge it's trying to prove you have. People that do that just ruin the legitimacy of the certification for the people that really DO know the material and (even more important) how to utilize it.
    "If the answer was never to look to yourself, then how can you expect to find it anywhere else" -Eyedea
  • scooter6139scooter6139 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    it doesn't og in depth though, just what you need for the test, which is all i need at the moment.

Please don't tell me that ALL you did was read this book, do practice exams, and read the Tech notes on this site.

Without in depth knowledge on the material the exam tests you over, how do you justify your cert? It sounds to me like you studied for the exam, and not for the knowledge it's trying to prove you have. People that do that just ruin the legitimacy of the certification for the people that really DO know the material and (even more important) how to utilize it.

this sounds like every college kid i know! lol!
  • majkowskidmajkowskid Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    what i mean by "all i needed to do was pass the exam" was that i have 6 years experience in the military working on computers as a system administrator on windows nt/2000/solaris 2.5.1,8, and 9. i am very knowledgeable on computers, and i wasn't too worried about the exam, but i just wanted a "refresher" that would brush me up on the majors for the test. you all know that in the real world, you don't really worry about how many pins are on each type of zif processor, and things like that.

i apologize if it sounded like all i wanted was the cert... i see how it came off that way. i should've siad that for someone that has experience, and just needs to brush up for the exam, is that this book was awesome. now the OS portion, well, that's another story... there's a lot of DOS stuff that i've never used in day to day basis that i need to LEARN, and for this i've got a mike meyers A+cert guide i'm reviewing.

daniel
  • scot_doneckerscot_donecker Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good call, Mike meyers books are some of the best out there. You've got quite a bit of experience, so now I can see why you just needed the cert.

Congrats on the pass! :)
    "If the answer was never to look to yourself, then how can you expect to find it anywhere else" -Eyedea
  • hempyukhempyuk Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    majkowskid wrote:
    passed A+ core today with a 695

welldone a score of 695

I used mike meyers 2

Hemp icon_cool.gif
    CONGRATZ dude.........
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Congratulatons.
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • aidy48aidy48 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations!!
  • ASUSTeKASUSTeK Member Posts: 148
    Bravo!
    The Begining Of Wisdom Is "I Don't Know".