Options

Need some advice

dynamitekiddynamitekid Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everybody, i work as help desk and would like to move up to network or system admin. I already got my CCNA 9 months ago but still at help desk. I brought up the idea to promote me to network admin but it has been 9 months and i haven't gotten anywhere.

Comments

• Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    If the company isn't willing to help you grow, maybe it's time to look around the job market. With some employers it's not a matter of time for them to promote you, they just won't. If this is the case, you don't have a lot of reasons for staying. You aren't out of a job so applying for a few won't hurt. You can go to interviews and see what they offer you, nothing to lose.

On a side note, setting up your own lab helps get some relevant experience. In cases when you don't have on the job experience, that gives you a little push.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    Vik210Vik210 Member Posts: 197
    Make a good CV and find a job outside. Brush up your skills and prepare for the interview you want to give.
    All the best :)
  • Options
    TheNewITGuyTheNewITGuy Member Posts: 169 ■■■■□□□□□□
    the ccna doesnt automatically mean you get to be a network admin. what skills do you have that allows you to add value to the company and potentially the net admin/sys admin group?
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Clean up your resume and and put it out there. It can't hurt. I'm sure you could get yourself into a entry level networking gig