CCNA Data Center or CCNA after CCENT?

Hey guys, just wondering which route I should take...

I plan to complete the second half of my A+ in July, then Network+ maybe 3-4 months after that.

Just trying to map out the next couple years...

Would it be wise to pursue the CCNA DC right after CCENT, or should I complete CCNA first, then move on to NA DC?

Thanks!

Comments

• Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well, DCICN (first CCNA DC exam) is basically on the CCNA level- it tests much of the exact same concepts found on the CCNA. Maybe a tad bit easier than the CCNA. So in some respects getting your CCNA R&S would be a waste of time. On the other hand, the CCNA R&S really digs hard into the core topics which are essential to being a good engineer in ANY discipline.

For the sake of finding work, I would say go get your CCNA R&S first. The CCNA DC material overlaps a lot with the CCNA R&S (that first exam does, at least), but the plain truth is a LOT more employers are looking for regular CCNA's as opposed to CCNA DC's at this point. Just my $.02.
  • RockinRobinRockinRobin Member Posts: 165
    Thanks alot, Mrock4! That was my gut feeling, but just wanted some other opinions. Looks like CCNA R&S will be my next goal after N+, then NA DC. The DC job market should REALLY be in demand in the next few years. At least I'll have some experience by then.
  • pertpert Member Posts: 250
    I'd honestly get your CCNP first before going down DC track. While DC is goingto explode, you still have time and CCNP is overall more valuable now and will maintain that for a long time.
  • RockinRobinRockinRobin Member Posts: 165
    Thanks alot, Pert! That's something else to consider.