Drinking the Cisco Juice

KurganKurgan Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
After finally getting my butt off the couch and focusing, I finally passed and got my CCNA this last weekend. I did, however, take the ICND1 then ICND2, and in my opinion I think that is the best way to go. After talking with a few colleagues who only took one exam, it seems they had tons more sims than I did..

ICND1 Score: 912
ICND2 Score: 902

Now onto Security+ I am hoping to get it before my CCNP classes start at the Cisco Network Academy...

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • shellee1983shellee1983 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Security + is way, WAY easier than Cisco lol.
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
    Congrats man! Good luck on Sec+!
    Certs: CCENT, CCNA:R&S
    Working on: MCITP:SA
    Goals: CCENT (ICND1) [Done], CCNA (ICND2) [Done], MCITP:SA
  • WilyOneWilyOne Member Posts: 131
  • Carpe PorcusCarpe Porcus Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done old bean.

What did you use for revision if you don't mind me asking?
    “I'm always admitting I'm wrong. That's how I eventually get to right.”
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Congrats on passing!

ICND1+ICND2 back-to-back? Wow.

Don't get overconfident for Security+. It is a test, and people fail it. Don't take it for granted.

If you're taking Security+, you should probably head over to that sub-forum, for the advice there. I cannot recommend a text, as I have not read one recently, and the test now apparently includes performance-based items, in addition to multiple choice.

Security certification, CompTIA Security+ certification
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!
    The Security+ material is great. It can be a tough exam though.

Good Luck.
  • tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! How long did it take you to prepare? How beneficial was Network+ to your CCNA success?
  • shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    Congrats on the pass icon_cheers.gif
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
  • CheesyBreadCheesyBread Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's all uphill from here
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats! At a CCNA level the CompTIA exams won't be that much of a challenge.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.