lab setup a bit wrong

neolight90neolight90 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I got some routers and a 1 switch from work.

I setup the switch to be vlan1 - ports 1 to 12 and vlan2 ports 13 to 24

I plugged in router 1 into port 1 and router 2 into port 13.

I seem to get native mismatch errors so far.

I set vlan1 on router 1 as 192.168.1.1 and vlan1 on router 2 as 192.168.2.1

I set vlan1 on switch to 192.168.1.10 and vlan2 on switch to 192.168.2.10

I noticed I forgot to set the default gateway on the routers now which I will do later when at home, but would I set router 1 as detault gateway as 192.168.1.?

I am thinking I dont need to do vlans on the routers as they are 800 series so they are switchs as well

oddly though I could not telnet to the switch from any of the routers on the above vlan addresses even though i setup telnet correctly it just timed out
Goals 2013: CCNET [ ] CCNA [ ] CCNP [ ]

Comments

• jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    before we answer your questions, lets use this as a learning experience to troubleshoot.

Why do you think you are getting the native mismatch errors? do you understand how native vlans work? or how vlans in general work? don't worry about the default gateway just yet, lets fix your mismatch errors first.
  • neolight90neolight90 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jsb515 wrote: »
    before we answer your questions, lets use this as a learning experience to troubleshoot.

Why do you think you are getting the native mismatch errors? do you understand how native vlans work? or how vlans in general work? don't worry about the default gateway just yet, lets fix your mismatch errors first.

Vlans is ICND2 and I am doing ICND1 on Monday so I dont know as much about vlans as I should
    Goals 2013: CCNET [ ] CCNA [ ] CCNP [ ]
  • jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    oh that's right sorry I forgot about that lol but either way still learning opportunity :)
  • xXErebuSxXErebuS Member Posts: 230
    Can you post the error message and the configs?