I feeling rather bad after second failed attempt!

THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am feeling rather bad after second exam failed. My scores did not improve, exactly the same final score 662. Really depressing since put in 6 months of labbing, practicing subnetting daily. I have used Packet Tracer , workobook from CertKits and my personal lab. The Exam did not seem confusing and honsetly thought I was doing good bacause understand basically all the questions.
So now I am looking at the objectives for ICDN 1 and trying figure out where to focus by matching chapters with the objectives.
There is obivously something I am missing to have such a bad score and then to have it twice. (DISHEARTENING).

Describe the Operation of a Data Network................. first test 50%, second test 71%
Implement a small switched network .........................first test40%......second test50%
Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet network requirement for a small branch office ..........first test 71%, secont test 50%
Implement a small routed network .....50% first and second test
Explain and select a appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN 0% both test
Identify Security threats to a network and describe a general methods to mitigate those threats. first test 50%, and 100% second test
Implement and verify WAN links.......20% first test, 50% second test

I really ashame to post those scores, the tuff part is trying find where study and focus learnafter such disappointment.

Advice anyone, pleaseicon_confused.gif:
An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC

Comments

• SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Sorry to hear that you didn't pass YET!

I always suggest the Wendell Odom CD-Rom CCNA 640-802 Network Simulator. It has hundreds of labs to work through.
    Also, Chris Bryant's ebook for CCNA.
    Both of these are divided into ICND1 and ICND2 so that you can study for each separately.
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Study Wireless some more and I would suggest looking over some of the Standards (802.11, 802.11a/b/g/n) and How many channels each supports (b supports 14, but only 11 are usable in the US), maximum speed supported, FHSS or DSSS or OFDM used, etc...Looking at your scores, I would review subnetting some more since your score in that area seems to have slipped.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • shellee1983shellee1983 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    THA_DOC wrote: »
    Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet network requirement for a small branch office ..........first test 71%, secont test 50%

This one is subnetting. You may want to brush up a bit in that area. Good luck. If you need help studying let me know. I have a couple more weeks till I retake mine and it may help you understand the topics better if you can talk about it with others.
  • THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes any help I can get is welcomed.
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    don't let it stopped you, I failed 3 times, but I got it on the 4th try. Now I work in a NOC and I'm about to start on CCNP studies
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • CarnbyCarnby Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    THA_DOC wrote: »
    Yes any help I can get is welcomed.

I like to believe that if you follow this guy's advice we can all pass. Keep trying. Keep studying. You will pass eventually!
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Don't feel bad. I failed more than once. Just don't give up.
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Anyone who has ever putt effort into something and came up short feels bad. So far I have taken my CCENT three times and have failed but I am not giving up because I want this. I WANT TO BE A CISCO CCNA GUY. There are those that **** and take shot cuts to reach there goal. I am not and you should not either. Keep your nose to the grind stone and study hard. You will get there!

Think about this. You know way more now then you did when you started. You're better off now and you only have a-little more ways to go.
    I know you can pass. We all can if we stop making excuses and set aside the time.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • txraider09txraider09 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I failed ICND2 twice before finally passing it. The practice exams from Boson ExSim Max seemed to help as well.
  • Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    txraider09 wrote: »
    I failed ICND2 twice before finally passing it. The practice exams from Boson ExSim Max seemed to help as well.

I also failed ICND2 twice, it is a gnarly test but so are most Cisco exams which is why you gotta come back stronger every time you retake them. Eventually you will knock it out of the park if you keep honing your weak areas and improving on the areas you already know so that you can do them in your sleep.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • wlind9999wlind9999 Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't feel bad, I bolo'ed 3 times 4 if you count when the test engine at the site crashed and I couldn't recover my scores. You just have to dust yourself off and get back into it. I am going for my fifth time around here. The biggest thing is trying to understand why things work the way they do and looking for keywords in the questions. These tests sadly seem less about actual knowledge and rather about how to take the test. Hence why you really need to read the question and what they are looking for they will bedazzle you with info and you need to hone in on what data you really need to look at. Also my suggestion when it comes to right before the test is write down a quick chart during the CCNA Test Tutorial of your Subnet masks and Wildcard masks as well as your powers of 2. This will save time during any subnetting questions so rather than doing the math on the spot you can look at your chart and say for example a 172.16.31.0.0/21 will equal a 255.255.248.0 mask with a Wildcard of 0.0.7.255.