Passed CISSP first attempt

ivx502ivx502 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
I would like to thank the kind people of this forum for their endless advice on how to tackle this exam. I had heard from other people how this exam can be a bit of a brain smoker. At the end of last year I wanted to take the CEH, but my former boss was struck with cancer. As a promise to him I decided to switch tracks and challenge the exam I started studying off and on since March. My original goal was to take the exam in May, but work got in the way so I changed the date to today. Here is the materials I used and my thoughts on them:

Shon Harris CISSP videos (A bit of overkill and boring)
Shon Harris CISSP 5th edition (Again a very dry read, boring, and overkill)
CISSP Study Guide Eric Conrad (Straight to the point and insightful)
CISSP 11th Hour Study Guide Eric Conrad (A quick read which I only picked up the final week of the exam to hammer home the points)

Transcender CISSP questions (I used this for 5 days although I had purchased 30 days)
CCCURE (I used to nail in the concepts of domains I did terrible in)

I finished the exam in under 4 hours and I followed the advice given of not changing answers. At question 175 I took a break and walked around the building a few times to clear my head. Again thanks for the advice and I hope this helps someone else in the future.

Comments