CCNA Certified

cisco_nerdcisco_nerd Member Posts: 198
Passed the ICND2 exam this morning and earned my CCNA. Wasn't overly happy with my score (888/1000) but i know that i made a few silly errors just as i clicked 'next'.

But now to move on to revision for CCNA Security (booked exam for 4 weeks time) and CCNA Voice then CCNP :)icon_study.gif

Comments

• urviurvi Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • WilyOneWilyOne Member Posts: 131
  • t5yll4t5yll4 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Keep pushin!
    2015 Certification Goals:
    [ ] JNCDA (August), [ ] JNCIA-Junos (September), [ ] CCDA (pending), [ ] CCNP RS (tentative November)

"Duty then is the sublimest word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less."
    - Robert E. Lee
  • silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
    Congrats! How was the exam relative to your expectations? I recall the ICND1 being much easier than I anticipated, wondering if this is the case with ICND2 as well?
    Certs: CCENT, CCNA:R&S
    Working on: MCITP:SA
    Goals: CCENT (ICND1) [Done], CCNA (ICND2) [Done], MCITP:SA
  • cisco_nerdcisco_nerd Member Posts: 198
    silverp1 wrote: »
    Congrats! How was the exam relative to your expectations? I recall the ICND1 being much easier than I anticipated, wondering if this is the case with ICND2 as well?

I found both the ICND 1 and 2 exams to be slightly easier than I had expected. I studied for the exams thinking that they were very difficult and as such a developed a good base knowledge for the exams. My 'on-the-job' experience got me over the line for the ICND2 exam .
  • Z3-MasterdZ3-Masterd Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cisco_nerd:

Did you find either exam to be obfuscating, or were they both pretty straightforward with more emphasis on making sure the candidate knows the material?
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

Good luck on next exams
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Good luck on CCNA Security. 4 weeks is going to be tough. I think I spent at least 3 months working on that one.
    Good Luck.
  • NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    Congrats! :)
    Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security
  • shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    Congrats on the pass icon_cheers.gif
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
    Z3-Masterd wrote: »
    cisco_nerd:

Did you find either exam to be obfuscating, or were they both pretty straightforward with more emphasis on making sure the candidate knows the material?

Z3.. I didnt find it to be too obfuscated, although there were a few questions in ICND2 that had odd wording that made me re-think a few times. I wouldn't say there were any that were there to trip the test-taker up, but i've said to some others that its important to read the question fully at least twice just to be sure.

I don't want to say too much due to the NDA etc. but certainly understanding the core topics and the ability to gather information about a network are aspects one should be pretty cognisant in prior to attempting the exams.
    Thanks to everyone for the appraisal icon_thumright.gif
    SharkDiver wrote: »
    Congratulations!
    Good luck on CCNA Security. 4 weeks is going to be tough. I think I spent at least 3 months working on that one.
    Good Luck.

SharkDiver:

Yeah, 4 weeks will be tough but i'm confident and usually a pretty quick learner. I'm using the Cisco Press book, the reference guide and the Cisco Networking Academy v1.1 lab manual as well as 'on-the-job' experience to get me across the line.

What resources did you find most helpful?